Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hammer Time

Today was "1980's Day" (ick), but it proved to be pretty popular with many youth sporting side ponytails, high hairsprayed bangs, leg-warmers, and Don Johnson jackets. I participated too--shoulder pads and the parachute pants with the cuffed-pleated ankles, thanks to the remembrances from Dan's pics.
It's Spirit Week: yesterday was Cowboy Day, so I made a huge tacky cow-skull belt buckle with gold and silver glitter, the kerchief, hat, plaid western shirt. Yee-haw! (Boots came off after 5 minutes--who can take that pain?!)

Monday was best of all! Super-Hero Day! Jack Sparrow is my personal 'super hero' (it's a pretty loose definition), but I knew I'd roast with that wig and layers, so I decided to be...

CHUCK NORRIS!


It was so comfortable wearing Brig's white Judo gee (just like pajamas!)....I printed off some appropriate, clean Chuck Norris sayings and his dorky face and applied that to the back of the gee with another portrait on the front lapel. He he! I really dislike Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger. Just leave off the 'Tex'.

I love you Johnny! Hey....is that a side ponytail?!



No comments: