Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sluffin' Off...

Haven't been blogging in a while--just reading them and reading a book called "The Physician", which includes quite descriptive passages pertaining to the 'medical field' in the year 1021 ad, beginning with a housewife giving birth in a barn filled with strawy manure--the half-drunk midwife has just wiped her hands on a filthy apron... "from her pocket she took a vial of lard already darkened with the blood and juices of other women. Scooping out some of the rancid grease, she made washing movements until her hands were well lubricated, then eased two fingers..." Barf. Well, naturally the housewife develops a horrid infection and dies. Her little boy, which witnessed this event, grows to travel Europe in search of better medical training.

So between reading, working at basketball games/wrestling tourneys, and going to my mom's to help my brother stack firewood/rake leaves...I have been falling asleep early! So sorry...

We've been talking quite a bit about 'nothing on TV to watch' with all the reality shows; I think the most eye-opening for me was to come home from work and see a couple teens enthralled by 'Flavor Flavs Flavor of Love' and the equally (demeaning/ridiculous/nasty) compelling 'Bret Michaels' Rock of Love'. Barf.

C'MON! What kind of girl/young lady/woman would debase themselves to crawling-on-my-knees-skank-level antics to vie for attention from either one of these near 50 year old has-beens? The scanty wardrobe shows off their bodies to a (dis)advantage when they get close to cat-fightin' or merely close to Flav or Bret. I simply cannot believe that these shows are popular enough to rate a 3rd season. Barf again.
Pardon me while I sigh; I'd rather read my icky book and learn of the crude advances in a dismal era...

Ladies, would you kiss this mouth? I think I'd toss in a cherry bomb!

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

I'm hearing you but the new celebrity rehab is mildly entertaining... the women of which you speak are pathetic but it's hard to look away...