Monday, January 19, 2009

Sad Underwear


I was walking through a library aisle and saw a title that provoked a smile: Sad Underwear and Other Complications.
Ahh, yes. I was instantly reminded of life’s little complications; rushing about that morning, pulling on my socks, as I turned to grab my pants I luckily saw my reflection: a pair of my favorite underwear had 2 holes in the butt cheek—Thank God for that mirror! I’d thought all was ‘well and good’ for my physical therapy appt later where a youthful pretty gal would attach electrodes to my hip and ass muscle. Crap! I raced to grab a decent, new-looking pair and praised my lucky stars that I now would NOT have to undergo the humiliation of Miss PT raising her eyebrows at that sorry pair of sad panties. But did I throw them out? NO! They are ‘staying home not getting in a car wreck’ underwear now and reside in a drawer filled with their many sisters. In fact, I am hard-pressed trying to find something hospital-stranger-worthy while retaining some semblance of comfort at the same time. Alas. I usually don something pretty or lacey that ends up in my ass crack when I do the 5 minute Elliptical warm-up thingy.
I guess Sad Underwear is better than a friend’s ‘No Underwear’ story…L H is also having hip problems and rather than getting shots ON the hip bone like I did, her’s was to be inserted deep within her hip socket. “Hip.” You imagine placing your hand on your hip, your jeans ride your hip…well, the handsome dark-eyed XRay Tech asked her to take off her pants. And panties. Huh? Totally. And had to shave slightly…a certain area…you know…near the groin. Enduring utter embarrassment, she lay still for quite a while for this procedure, red-faced and clenching her fists because the ‘attention’ down there tickled! I don’t handle surprises well—I would of been horrified!
There was going to be much more to this sad underwear story…but ….gonna watch some bad tv….

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

It can be a good idea to hang on to the sad under wear for those times you completely run out. I HAVE to throw mine away because by the time I'm finished with them they aren't just sad, they're depressed.

I don't like surprises like that either. What's your therapy for? You know the old saying, "Put on clean underwear you might get hit by a car.?" I heard if you do get hit by a car you go in your pants anyway so it doesn't really matter anyway...