Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How Spat.


Yesterday I visited Bailey's In-laws; such a cozy house with good company and lots of books and interesting furniture pieces from all around the world. While Sandy was suggesting a list of good reading material, it made be think of a book I'd finished last summer. (I have many books I started, then grew side-tracked before they were completed--I hate this and am really irritated at my lack of focus and inner drive.)
This particular book was called The God of Small Things; quite sad but smattered with endearing words and delicious sentences. Recalling the author's use of 'Bar Nowl' reminds me suddenly of our late night visitor. The How Spat has been absent for many months and it will be several more before he shows face again, if ever. I'd gotten rather fond of his random drop-ins. Hopefully he'll be back....

1 comment:

erisian said...

i have read great things about that book.

been meaning to get around to it, but my "to be read" pile is becoming a mountain.