Sunday, April 12, 2009

Breaking Bad

I can't miss this show; I can't believe how well-done it is, nor how it never fails to make me draw a breath or two--tonight was no exception.
God. This 'skank' crusty druggie crushes her guy's head with an ATM; blood puddles everywhere...after she bashed in Jesse's head....and she also portrays the mother of a cute little red-headed boy. I could of cried because it's so real...kids actually live like this.

Here's this tiny, filthy boy abandoned in squalor--neglected, hungry, ill-clothed, subjected to sights no child should ever see...pretty gut-wrenching stuff.
I remember some folks that had taken in a youth from California, about 11 or 12 years of age, it was hard to determine...they couldn't figure out why he'd keep hiding bits of his supper upstairs in his bedroom. Later it was discovered that he'd had a toddler sister and they'd had times in their lives when they did stay in a box (or hide) when their mother was messed up. He'd been darting out and stealing food from trash cans--anything he could find, and bring it back for his sis to stop her from crying--and to probably keep her alive. Eventually she joined him in Ks--I don't think the mother was ever fit to have them...

Anyway, I think Danny Trejo ('Desperado', Johnny 13 on 'ConAir') will be on the next episode--he's so bad ass something radical is bound to happen!
Again.

(On a side note--those movies I mentioned above? I really got a kick out of them EXCEPT both their ridiculous endings--one can only handle so much bull at a time!)

Anyway, my Season 1 Breaking Bad dvd in now in Alaska... I hope the kids like it as much as I do.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Funny, I couldn't sleep the other night and Desperado was on the tube . I remember Danny Trejo from Runaway Train, Heat, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Grindhouse and Planet Terror. I googled him on IMDB, it's amazing how much work he's done...